Job Postings - Singapore
Epic Gas owns and operates a fleet of fully pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas and petrochemicals. The company controls a fleet of 42 vessels which serve the international supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity traders throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 1000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 115 shore-based staff.
Epic Gas invites applications for the position of
Our 3-years Trainee Program will provide you with an opportunity to explore your prospects through a broad, yet in-depth, exposure to our business, with the aim to move into a specialized role within the company’s Technical Department after successful completion of the program. You will be part of an international organization with the opportunity to explore a career in the shipping industry.
You will undergo a comprehensive training program consisting of job function rotations in key departments of the company with focus on Technical. You will gradually develop knowledge and gain hands-on experience in Technical Ship Management, focussed on Operational vessels daily management, Procurement, Vessel Performance & Efficiency, New building, New regulatory requirements, and Environmental aspects. You will be exposed to other areas including, but not limited to, Safety, Vetting, Audits, and Crewing. You will get insight in the commercial aspects (chartering, operations) and finance functions (accounts, ship finance, legal aspects and maritime insurance) of the company. Whilst being in a ‘learning role’, you will be given responsibility from day one.
You will be expected to visit our vessels and spend time in our regional offices (London/Manila).
- Fresh Diploma or Degree in Marine Engineering or related discipline.
- Preference for candidates with sailing experience as an Engineer officer, but not mandatory.
- Shore experience not required.
- Entry Level candidates may also apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language with all levels of staff and work independently in a fast-paced environment under tight timelines.
- Proficient in computer software applications and good Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Resourceful, good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant should be Singaporean.
Place of Work
- You will be based in the Head Office in Singapore. As part of the trainee program you may also spend time in the company’s regional offices in London/Manila.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com. Website: www.epic-gas.com
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.