Epic Gas Ltd., owns and operates a fleet of 44 modern and high quality fully pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and petrochemicals. Our vessels serve as a crucial link in the international gas supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity trading houses throughout Southeast Asia, Europe, West Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 1000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 120 shore-based staff.
Epic Gas invites applications for the position of
SAFETY & TRAINING SUPERINTENDENT – SINGAPORE OFFICE
SHEQ UNIT – TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT
- Reporting to Senior Manager, HSSE and Senior Manager, Vetting & Quality.
- Analyse reports such as Safety, SIRE/CDI inspection, PSC inspections, Internal audits, Near misses, Incidents/Accidents. Where required, advice vessels on matters related to marine activities.
- Monitor the evolving changes to the SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements and plan the implementation of the same on vessels.
- Conduct internal audits on ships. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action.
- Prepare and conduct trainings for officers and crew.
- Conduct safety, environmental and security drills onboard to assess effectiveness.
- Review and respond to safety and other reports received from vessels.
- Conduct appraisals of Officers and recommend actions.
- Assist Senior Manager, HSSE, Senior Manager, Vetting & Quality and Head of Marine Assurance on marine and safety related issues on vessels.
- Carry out management inspections and identify issues that may impact quality assurance.
- Interview deck officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the Head of Marine Assurance.
- Liaise with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Master Mariner with minimum 1 – 2 years’ sailing experience as a Master on LPG / LNG Vessels.
- No shore experience required
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
- Ability to develop, improve and implement safe, and cost-effective technical vessel management processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and resourceful.
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within their position and the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.epic-gas.com
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that Epic Gas operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.