Epic Gas owns and operates a fleet of fully pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas and petrochemicals. The company controls a fleet of 44 vessels which serve the international supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity traders throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 1000 seafarers and a multi-national team of over 120 shore-based staff.
Epic Gas invites applications for the position of
ASSISTANT MANAGER, PURCHASING
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all procurement functions, processes and a Team of Purchasers.
- Coordinate, supervise and evaluate all purchasing activities of the Purchasing Team including developing and maintaining KPIs for the Team and negotiating purchasing contracts with Vendors.
- Review current procurement processes & identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Monitor and review freight consolidation processes to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure cost-effectiveness and efficient service delivery.
- Familiar with local and international governments’ and customs authorities’ rules and regulations to ensure smooth and timely procurement, and forwarding of stores and spares to the vessels.
- Oversee housekeeping with regard to temporarily storage of spares in the office or warehouse.
- Establish and implement training programmes for purchasers to enhance their knowledge in procurement functions and occupational safety, health and environmental awareness.
- Conduct Vendor Quality Audits.
- Oversee any other ad hoc duties and/or projects assigned from time to time.
- Degree/Diploma in relevant discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ relevant working experience in a reputable shipping/ship management company.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized, resourceful and strong team orientation.
- Ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel, if required and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within their position and the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.epic-gas.com
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
Please be informed that Epic Gas operates on a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.