Epic Gas owns and operates a fleet of fully pressurised gas carriers providing seaborne services for the
transportation of liquefied petroleum gas and petrochemicals. The company controls a fleet of 39
vessels which serve the international supply chains of leading oil majors and commodity traders
throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We employ approximately 1000 seafarers and a
multi-national team of over 115 shore-based staff.
Epic Gas invites applications for the position of
TRAINING MANAGER – DECK
EPIC SHIP MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD. – REGIONAL OPERATING HEADQUARTERS (ROHQ) –
- Lead the training, competence development and career progression of our Engineering Seafarers and Cadets
- Responsible for managing an annual training budget of 1.5 Million USD, and ensure economic handling all training related expenses.
- Negotiate contracts with external training institutes for Engineering Auditing and reviewing external training Centres course material, effectiveness and compliance to our standards/requirements.
- Responsible for developing Engineering training courses, in close co-operation with the Technical and Safety Operations
- Develop and conduct internal training courses and seminars, with budgetary control
- Responsible for seafarer promotion assessment, training requirements and career progression. Seafarer debriefs on Performance, training needs evaluation and training assignment.
- Responsible for cadets training program covering selection, development, career progression and
- Train and Assist the Manning Operations team on any new Regulations and Certification requirements.
- Responsible for the training team business processes and procedures, building continual efficiency in the Training
- Carry out new Recruited Seafarers competence interviews for selection to the
- Responsible for the Cadet selection program, developing awareness in various Colleges in Manila, build cadet development training programs – ashore and onboard, monitor Cadets career progression
- Will be required to travel to handle all the Training requirements, and occasionally visit vessels for upgrading/refreshing their operational
- This position reports to the Head of ROHQ in Manila office.
- Candidates must hold a Master’s Certificate of
- Sailed as Captain on LPG
- Shore Experience in Training preferred but not
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines, with excellent time management
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resource Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.epic-gas.com
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.