Job Postings - Singapore
SHIP APPLICATION SPECIALIST
You will be responsible for installing and maintaining IT systems on board Epic’s ships in accordance with company standards and best practice. This will require you to travel to different parts of the world, to visit all our vessels trading globally, and carry out onboard maintenance and trouble shooting.
You must be proficient in information technology, must have shipping experience, and must have a proactive attitude. You must possess a deep understanding of the use of the ship IT systems and must be able to validate the underlying data and make any data corrections as required. You shall in specific have a deep understanding of following types systems and underlying data :
- Ship communication system installation and maintenance – VSAT, Fleet Broadband
- Business Email and Crew welfare communication software
- Planned Maintenance (preferably MESPAS)
- Procurement and positioning (preferably ShipNet Fleet)
- Safety Management (preferably OceanManager)
- Work/rest hour management
This understanding must enable you to:
- Analyze how data maps between independent systems, e.g. for integration purposes
- Pull reports from the underlying databases
- Assess the validity of data and perform corrections as needed
It is essential that you have a marine engineering sailing background combined with additional education or strong experience in IT systems management. Minimum of 8 years professional experience in managing ship IT systems, including experience troubleshooting and supporting computer applications and operating systems; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Hands on knowledge with Planned Maintenance systems and their implementation. Prior experience on PMS systems implementation with a Marine engineering sailing background is essential
- To maintain an Administrative control over Ship’s type of machinery, jobs carried out, scheduling, running hours monitoring, Inventory control, updating new spares / inventory to database. Referring to Ship’s Operational manuals, and updating the databases as required.
- Familiar with Procurement systems on board vessel, so as to monitor the ShipNet Fleet and the ship/office interface, troubleshoot database synch problems
- Familiarity with extracting reports, charts, KPI reports using the available Reporting modules.
- Familiarity with Safety Management systems, Operational reports, customization of reporting formats.
- Experienced with Ship networking knowledge, and trouble-shooting network related issues
- Experienced with Ship’s Fleet Broadband communication and trouble-shooting related problems
- Experience with Ship’s email systems and trouble-shooting related problems.
Interested applicants please submit your resume stating working experience, expected salary and recent photo in confidence to Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(We regret only shortlisted applicants will be notified)