COMPLIANCE AUDITOR – SINGAPORE OFFICE
- Conduct Compliance audits on ships. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action in coordination with Ship Managers. Your main focus will be on Compliance of various procedures rather than maintenance/operation.
- During stay on ship closely observe that ship staff carrying out the required procedures and as per assigned routines at right time. Importance to be given on proper procedure, rather than just paper filling exercise. Ensure ship’s staff is fully aware of their responsibilities, the company routines and procedures and that these are followed.
- Ensure that inspection reports are completed preferably prior disembarking from vessel with a maximum of seven days after completion of inspection.
- Ensure that vessel is being Managed and safely operated the in accordance with the Company’s IMS procedures and in compliance with the Local, National/ International statutory, regulatory and mandatory rules and regulations.
- Ensure Active participation in various Safety Campaigns by ship staff, motivate crew on board in an appropriate way. Identify and subsequently share the best practices among fleet.
- Conduct Safety, Environmental and Security drills onboard to assess effectiveness.
- Verify onboard Planned Maintenance System (PMS) processes are carried out in compliance to Company processes in spirit covering – usage of Risk Assessment processes, Tool box meetings, adequate maintenance standards.
- Identify Compliance related early warning signs and suggest corrective measures, including repairs and maintenance to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Carry out Training onboard to close out knowledge gaps on Compliance matters.
- Carry out Training on recent Technical & Safety Campaigns, Incidents, New legislation or Oil Major requirements, and any other matters to improve the overall quality and knowledge of the Seafarers.
- Analyze reports, such as Safety, Incident/accident reports, Management Inspection reports and other such reports. Where required, advise vessels on matters related to Marine activities. Guide vessels to achieve target of less than 4 observations per inspection and nil high-risk observation or as directed by SHEQ department.
- Evaluate and Appraise all ship board personnel on their Performance, Safety, Health, Environmental and Service quality, especially from a Compliance perspective.
- Identify training requirements for sea staff. Debrief sea staff on various issues regarding compliance of procedures.
- Act as liaison between the vessel and senior management ashore.
- Consult the Technical Director should there be a need for deviating from the established IMS procedures and/ or National/ International statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Continually evaluate the audit process and give unbiased and constructive advice and guidance, keeping focus on health check of vessel, to strengthen and improve the overall Audit process.
- Suggest implementing preventive measures to Ship Managers to avoid the reoccurrence of machinery and equipment break-down.
- Plan the implementation evolving changes to the SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements on vessels.
- Closely interact with the Tech and SHEQ team in improving the level of Customer satisfaction by continually improving the IMS processes and safe running of the vessel. Maintain close relationship with all departments within the company to ensure smooth operation of vessel in the fleet.
- Assist Vetting & Quality Manager and the Head of Marine Assurance on matters related to marine and safety issues on vessels during the visits.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/ accidents onboard as advised by the Technical Director/HSE Manager
- Reporting directly to Technical Director and CEO.
- The minimum requirement for the position is either 2nd Engineer, Chief Office or CE/Master with at least 1 year’s sailing experience on Oil or Gas Vessels. No shore experience is required.
- Ability to improve/develop and implement safe, dependable and cost-effective vessel management processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and resourceful.
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
Place of Work
- You will be rotated from vessel to vessel on a basis of minimum 210 working days per calendar year.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.