Job Postings - Manila
TRAINING MANAGER (ENGINE)
EPIC SHIP MANAGEMENT PTE. LTD. – REGIONAL OPERATING HEADQUARTERS (ROHQ) – MANILA OFFICE
- Lead the training, competence development and career progression of our Engineering Seafarers and Cadets
- Responsible for managing an annual training budget of approx. 1.5 Million USD, and ensure economic handling all training related expenses.
- Negotiate contracts with external training institutes for Engineering courses. Auditing and reviewing external training Centres course material, effectiveness and compliance to our standards/requirements.
- Responsible for developing Engineering training courses, in close co-operation with the Technical and Safety Operations teams.
- Develop and conduct internal training courses and seminars, with budgetary control
- Responsible for seafarer promotion assessment, training requirements and career progression. Seafarer debriefs on Performance, training needs evaluation and training assignment.
- Responsible for cadets training program covering selection, development, career progression and certification.
- Train and Assist the Manning Operations team on any new Regulations and Certification requirements.
- Responsible for the training team business processes and procedures, building continual efficiency in the Training software.
- Carry out new Recruited Seafarers competence interviews for selection to the Fleet.
- Responsible for the Cadet selection program, developing awareness in various Colleges in Manila, build cadet development training programs – ashore and onboard, monitor Cadets career progression
- Will be required to travel to handle all the Training requirements, and occasionally visit vessels for upgrading/refreshing their operational skills.
- This position reports to the Head of ROHQ in Manila office.
- Candidates must hold a Chief Engineer’s Certificate of Competency.
- Sailed as Chief Engineer on LPG vessels or Tankers.
- Shore Experience in Training preferred but not mandatory.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, outcome driven, organized and resourceful.
- Strong team orientation and has the ability to manage cross-functional relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel at short notice and manage 24/7 on call lifestyle.
Epic Gas offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities to bright and ambitious people, who have the skills and determination to succeed in a career in the maritime industry.
Our success is attributed to attracting, developing and retaining among the best people our industry has to offer. We place great emphasis on developing talent and maximizing the opportunities for our staff to progress within the company.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most progressive companies in the industry. Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.