Job Postings - London
SAFETY & TRAINING SUPERINTENDENT – LONDON OFFICE
- Reporting to the Vetting & Quality Manager & HSE Manager
- Analyse reports such as Safety, SIRE / CDI inspection, PSC inspections, Internal audits, Near misses, Incidents/accidents. Where required, advice vessels on matters related to Marine activities.
- Monitor the evolving changes to the SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, Class, Flag State, Oil Major and other applicable requirements and plan the implementation of the same on vessels.
- Conduct internal audits on ships. Identify areas for improvement and verify implementation of the corrective and preventive action.
- Prepare and conduct trainings for officers and crew.
- Conduct safety, environmental and security drills onboard to assess effectiveness.
- Review and respond to safety and other reports received from the vessel.
- Conduct appraisals of Officers and recommend actions.
- Assist HSE, Vetting & Quality Manager and the GM on matters related to marine and safety issues on vessels.
- Carry out management inspections and identify issues that may impact quality assurance.
- Interview deck officers to evaluate suitability for selection/promotion.
- Conduct investigation of incidents/accidents on board when appointed to do so by the GM.
- Liaise with interested parties such as Class, Oil Majors, Ship Owners, Suppliers and other stake-holders.
- Master Mariner with minimum 2 years sailing experience as a Master on LPG /LNG Vessels..
- Previous work experience ashore in a similar role handling LPG vessels or Tankers is desirable.
- Ability to travel and respond at short notice.
- Ability to improve/develop and implement safe, dependable and cost effective vessel management processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations governing vessels’ management.
- Committed and responsible in meeting deadlines, with excellent time management skills.
- Independent, organized, “hands on” attitude with a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness and drive.
- Proactive, open-minded with the ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to manage cross-functional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.