JOB POSTINGS - LONDON
Operations Executive – Commercial Department, London Office
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, your Key Duties & Responsibilities are as follows:
- Liaising with and instructing Captain/Officers onboard our fleet for voyage instruction. Basic understanding on trade criteria.
- Liaising with and instructing head/local agent at load/discharge/bunker/special supply ports. Obtaining port/berth info, estimated DA and maintain good record.
- Providing timely and accurate vessel’s update to charterers/broker. Maintain good relationship with charterers/brokers/agents/suppliers.
- Preparing timely accounting invoices on receivables for freight/hire/demurrages, etc.
- Timely checking/approving of accounts payable for service rendered to the commercial team.
- Maintain good accounts receivable / payable record through using various software e.g. Shipnet/Eyeshare.
- Administer operations related documents.
- Other adhoc duties as assigned.
- Degree in Maritime Studies or related discipline.
- Basic understanding of Main Charter Party Terms, Bill of Lading and reason for requesting Letter of Indemnity & demurrage calculation.
- Ability to understand and maintain vessel’s record in SHIPNET and vessel’s record using maritime software, transmit data across ship to shore and preferably speak more than 1 or 2 languages.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Meticulous, independent, resourceful and outcome-driven.
- Has a valid visa/permit to reside and work in the United Kingdom.
Interested candidates should submit their covering letter and a detailed curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified